My wife and I recently visited several of the used book stores here in Iowa City for a much-needed day of relaxation. Here was our haul:
- E. A. Speiser, Genesis (Anchor Bible). $3.
- W. D. Davies, The Sermon on the Mount. $2.
- I. M. Lewis, Ecstatic Religion: A Study of Shamanism and Spirit Possession. $4.50.
- Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. $1.99.
- Willa Cather, My Antonia. $2.
- Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights. $2.
- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina. $2.
- C. S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain. $4.50.
- Lewis Carroll, The Annotated Alice: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass. $2.
- Chris van Allsburg, The Polar Express. $1.
Total before tax: $25. Not a bad day, if I do say so myself! I’m especially jazzed to have gotten an Anchor commentary for $3.